This release is the last Contao 4.9 release with active support! Contao 4.9 is now in "security only" support mode and will no longer receive regular bug fixes! For another year, only security vulnerabilities will be fixed.
As of this release, invalid entries for
day in the URLs of the calendar module lead to 404 pages and the breadcrumb front end module has been equipped with
WAI-ARIA tags (check your adjusted templates!). It also fixes a bug that could cause members to be deleted from the database under certain circumstances. An update is therefore strongly recommended.
Changelog of the fixed issues in Contao 4.9.39:
- #5706 Do not add `target="_blank"` to the `` insert tag for non-redirect pages (fritzmg)
- #5742 Prevent division by zero in gallery element (aschempp)
- #5775 Only check for registration opt-in tokens when purging registrations (fritzmg)
- #5776 Disallow Composer plugin from `php-http/discovery` (fritzmg)
- #5756 Fix "variable must be of type array, null given" (chberger)
- #5723 Validate the given month or day in the calendar module (leofeyer)
- #5732 Do not overwrite the default vertical button alignment (leofeyer)
- #5730 Ignore empy layout selection (fritzmg)
- #5721 Correctly describe our breadcrumbs with WAI-ARIA tags (Toflar)
About Contao 4.9 LTS
The first stable version of Contao 4.9 has been released on February 18, 2020, replacing Contao 4.4 as the long term support version. As an LTS version, 4.9 will be provided with bug fixes until February 14, 2023 and security-related updates until February 14, 2024. Contao 4.13 will be the next LTS version of Contao and has been released in February 2022, ensuring a stress-free transition.