In particular, this release fixes a bug when checking whether content elements have been marked as published or not. Otherwise, this release mainly includes bug fixes for developers, such as retrofitting the ability to skip a cronjob execution and additions to hooks.
Changelog of the fixed issues in Contao 4.9.38:
- #5654 Allow cronjobs to be skipped (fritzmg)
- #5641 Fix the z-index of the user menu (fritzmg)
- #5615 Fix the foreignKey handling when showColumns is enabled (Toflar)
- #5637 Correctly check for hidden content elements (aschempp)
- #5265 Fix filter options with options callback (aschempp)
- #5581 Remove unnecessary special treatment for tl_undo (aschempp)
- #5577 Adjust the anchor target in the navigation templates (leofeyer)
- #5574 Ensure parameters are strings (fritzmg)
- #5537 Fix a PHP 8 issue in the PageTree widget (Tastaturberuf)
- #5548 Fix the missing module references in the newsletter-bundle hooks (Toflar)
About Contao 4.9 LTS
The first stable version of Contao 4.9 was released on February 18, 2020, replacing Contao 4.4 as the long term support version. As an LTS version, 4.9 will be provided with bug fixes until February 14, 2023 and security-related updates until February 14, 2024. Contao 4.13 will be the next LTS version of Contao and has been released in February 2022, ensuring a stress-free transition.