This bugfix release fixes 17 bugs of which you may be mostly interested in the database field adjustments in
tl_module. These changes reduce the "row size" and can fix or at least reduce the probability for "MySQL row size too large" errors when having many extensions installed.
Therefore, be sure to run the database update after installation. Furthermore a bug was fixed which caused that no longer existing URLs were not correctly deleted from the search index.
Changelog of the fixed issues in Contao 4.9.30:
- #4766 Exclude the ModuleWizard checkbox from keyboard access (aschempp)
- #4711 Correctly support legacy DC names in picker provider (aschempp)
- #4718 Fix DBAFS when upload_path contains subfolders (fritzmg)
- #4708 Increase the tl_comments_notify.url length (fritzmg)
- #4727 Deprecate REQUEST_TOKEN (ausi)
- #3742 Show error if preview settings could not be applied (fritzmg)
- #4690 Handle cases when layoutId is not set on page model (bezin)
- #4698 Fix broken filemanager for unsupported images (ausi)
- #4686 Always delete indexed page for unsuccessful responses (fritzmg)
- #4693 Reduce the row sizes of tl_module and tl_content (ausi)
- #4680 Fix the non-JS navigation toggle on backend dashboard (aschempp)
- #4670 Fix type warning in event list (fritzmg)
- #4633 Undeprecate contao.csrf.token_manager (fritzmg)
- #4647 Improve the news archive permission labels (Toflar)
- #4638 Deprecate Frontend::getCronTimeout (fritzmg)
- #4622 Always set a mock session when creating feeds (fritzmg)
- #4621 Correctly handle rgxp natural text field attributes (aschempp)
About Contao 4.9 LTS
The first stable version of Contao 4.9 was released on February 18, 2020, replacing Contao 4.4 as the long term support version. As an LTS version, 4.9 will be provided with bug fixes until February 14, 2023 and security-related updates until February 14, 2024. Contao 4.13 will be the next LTS version of Contao and has been released in February 2022, ensuring a stress-free transition.