This release primarily fixes the bug with incorrect redirects after editing a record in the back end and improves the performance of the preview images in the file manager.
Changelog of the fixed issues in Contao 4.9.24:
- #3822 Add a Template property to the Controller class (leofeyer)
- #3815 Enable image lazy loading in file manager (fritzmg)
- #3803 Fix infinite 4.8.0 migration when custom templates are present (fritzmg)
- #3792 Fix more PHP8 warnings (aschempp)
- #3788 Clarify internal style sheets deprecation (fritzmg)
- #3787 Do not sort the referrers (leofeyer)
- #3781 Fix unknown «ansi_to_html» filter error (fritzmg)
- #3759 Unify the MakeServicesPublicPass (bytehead)
- #3758 Add transitive dependency on symfony/twig-bridge (richardhj)
About Contao 4.9 LTS
The first stable version of Contao 4.9 was released on February 18, 2020, replacing Contao 4.4 as the long term support version. As an LTS version, 4.9 will be provided with bug fixes until February 14, 2023 and security-related updates until February 14, 2024. Contao 4.13 will be the next LTS version of Contao and has been released in February 2022, ensuring a stress-free transition.