The most important change in this release is the automatic disabling of the new Google Federated Learning of Cohorts initiative. Contao automatically sets the
Permissions-Policy HTTP header to
interest-cohort=() and thus follows suit to other CMS like Joomla or Drupal. The reasoning behind this and how Contao plans to handle the FLoC initiative in the future can be read in the respective official Contao blog post.
In other news, the usability in the back end modals has been improved, where the button is now called "Cancel" instead of "Close" and is therefore more meaningful.
Also important for the users of the module "Custom navigation": The inheritance of protected pages is now also correctly considered here.
Changelog of the fixed issues in Contao 4.9.15:
- #3046 Add the "findCalendarBoundaries" hook (leofeyer)
- #2960 Protect users against Google FLoC (aschempp)
- #3058 Do not cast the picker values to integers (leofeyer)
- #3054 Fix a language typo (Toflar)
- #3043 Rename the close button at the bottom of the modal window (leofeyer)
- #3042 Handle non-string arguments in the `FilesModel::findByPath()` method (leofeyer)
- #3041 Use a better label for the password confirmation field (leofeyer)
- #2994 Hide unsaved content elements in the front end (leofeyer)
- #3028 Do not require ocramius/proxy-manager (leofeyer)
- #3007 Allow saving the value `0` in the KeyValueWizard (doishub)
- #3029 Do not modify the select name at runtime (aschempp)
- #2952 Set a label for the Contao Manager back end menu entry (cliffparnitzky)
- #2970 Load protected status from parent pages in customnav (patrickjDE)
- #3000 Simplify the latest DC_Table change (leofeyer)
- #2999 Remove two left-over autocomplete attributes (leofeyer)
About Contao 4.9 LTS
The first stable version of Contao 4.9 was released on February 18, 2020, replacing Contao 4.4 as the long term support version. As an LTS version, 4.9 will be provided with bug fixes until February 14, 2023 and security-related updates until February 14, 2024. Contao 4.13 will be the next LTS version of Contao and will be released in February 2022, ensuring a stress-free transition.